Beyond the Boundary, the Educational Component of Nadeau Land Surveys, was established to help real estate and land use professionals reduce liability and better represent their clients when dealing with land surveying and floodplain management concerns. As consultants who have diverse experience with land surveying, floodplain management, and real estate, we receive requests not only for our services, but often for advice in dealing with municipal approvals, land divisions, boundary disputes, developing in the flood zone, appealing flood zone determinations, lowering flood insurance premiums, and more.
To meet the growing need for continued education and sound guidance, we began developing educational programs to meet specific learning needs of various stakeholders in the real estate industry, including brokers/agents, appraisers, code enforcement officers, attorneys, lenders, insurance agents, and design professionals.
Beyond the Boundary has taken program development a step further by continuing our own education so that we can better educate others. In 2013, we were awarded Bronze Level Certification for Training Evaluation by the Kirkpatrick Partners, and are working our way up to Gold Level. Program Director, Jim Nadeau, has also earned his Basic Instructor Certificate from FEMA's Emergency Management Institute, and all Beyond the Boundary staff have earned the national designation of Certified Floodplain Manager, to become more informed consultants.
What We Offer
- Unique education and training which is in high demand
- Opportunities to expand knowledge in peripheral industries
- Customized training for diverse audiences
- Consultation to real estate licensees, insurance agents, mortgage professionals, lenders, architects, engineers, Code Enforcement Officers, attorneys, assessors, homeowners, and more
- Resources and guidance before, during, and after learning events
Continuing Education Credits
When possible, we coordinate with local agencies to provide continuing education credits for participation in our learning events. Select classes have been approved for credit by:
- Maine Real Estate Commission
- Maine Board of Real Estate Appraisers
- Maine Insurance Agents Association
- Maine State Bar Association
- Maine Department of Economic and Community Development
To learn more about our continuing education opportunities, please visit Beyond the Boundary, the Educational Component of Nadeau Land Surveys.